Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Giving Thanks - Day 9: Caffeinated Beverages

I would blame my addiction to coffee and Diet Mountain Dew on the fact that I have 2 under 3 years old, but we all know that I was downing ~2L of soda a day since I could drive myself to the convenience store to buy them.  I probably need to switch to decaf coffee like I have for my DMD. Yes, i know that is sacrilege, but in hopes of keeping my kidneys intact and quelling some pretty wicked headaches that I had been having it was a necessary evil.  I do really enjoy the flavor of it (it takes some getting used to if you switch from the full leaded version of MD).

Lately the caffeine of choice has definitely been coffee. I'm not a Starbucks nut like some people I know (yes, LG and JMKG, I AM talking about you).  It's not that its not yummy, it TOTALLY is, but I'm too cheap for to go there often.  I also can't tell the difference between most coffees. I can definitely tell BAD coffee, but when brewed right Folgers and Eight O'Clock are just fine by me, I just buy whatever is on sale (see Day 3) and then add some delicious creamers to it.  I especially love the holidays because of Pumpkin Pie Spice, Gingerbread Latte, Peppermint Mocha and Eggnog Latte.  Yes, in fact coffee IS a means to deliver flavored creamer. If you've tried a good flavor lately, please let me know!

P.S. I would be remiss if I didn't thank Carol Young Pitt for introducing me to the joy of iced coffee!!! MMMMM.

I know I mentioned a lot of brands today and that was done on my own accord with no compensation from any of them.  BUT if they or you wanted to send coupons for creamers or DMD I wouldn't turn it down!!!

1 comment:

  1. Battle said he just tried some Cinnabon creamer that was delicious! I am going to try it, I think! (And heck, there is nothing as tasty as a Decaf Skinny Vanilla Latte sometimes!) :)

    ReplyDelete