Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Giving Thanks - Day 8: Moira Mach

Today I am thankful for Moira Mach.

Why today?  Today she is 40 & Fabulous!!!

 Technically she is my boss and if that's all she was that would be enough.  She is THE MOST amazing boss.  She listens without judgement, helps without me having to ask for it, will step in to fight the good fight on your behalf when you need her too and leave you alone if you ask her too.  She is a strong believer in and practices "praise in public, criticize in private" and when you goof up as much as I do, that's really important. She is not afraid to kick me in the @$$ when I need it but always does it in a way that does not leave a bitter taste in my mouth.  She has helped me grow so much personally and professionally over the last 3 1/2 years and is a big reason why I've stuck it out through some tough stretches at my current job.  (and there's no chance we're getting raises this year so this is 100% the truth!). In all honesty, I probably would have been fired 10x if she wasn't there to defend me and beg for another chance for me.

In addition to being a great boss, she is so much more...she is an incredible mom, an amazing photographer, TRUiST's head cheerleader, incredibly organized (makes me barf  so jealous she's so on top of things) and most importantly (to me) she is my friend.  As a working mom she completely understands the stress that I am under (as all working moms are) and is constantly checking up on me to make sure that I'm okay.  She is genuinely concerned and interested in me and my family and that means the world to me.
Happy Birthday MOIRA!!!




6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Moira indeed. She happily shares my phone-related "counts". I hope she has her choice of "Vanilla" or "French Vanilla" ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Moira! Since you are in Austin, you need to get some blue bell ice cream, it's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more! We are so lucky to have her on our side. Happy 40th Birthday, Boss Lady! Cheers to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOIRA!!
    I agree with all of this and more! You are an amazing person who deserves to have a wonderful day today and always! - Terra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moira, you were one of the first people to make me feel welcome at Truist, you quickly became a dear friend to me and I appreciate everything you do and especially the fabulous person that you are. Happy 40th "Momma Mach", I hope you're enjoying your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG- I am JUST seeing this. Sniff, sniff!! WOW- speechless and THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!

    ReplyDelete