Monday, June 18, 2012

Top 10 things I learned on the first day of my new job

Today was the first day at my new job at SciQuest.  It's a HUGE change for me in almost every aspect. After 17 years in the United Way system - first at a member agency, then United Way, United eWay and finally TRUiST where I managed clients running United Way campaigns online - I am embarking on a whole new path.  Here are the things I learned today:

10. Allow at least an extra 10 minutes on Mondays when I have to get the boys ready for "water play" and drag in the bags of fresh sheets/blankets and diapers/wipes.
9. Taking I-40 to Harrison Ave to Weston Parkway in the morning will require more willpower than I believe that I can muster...McDonalds? Chick Fil A? Burger King?  If there was a Bojangles, I'd be in DEEP!
8. The SciQuest HR team is super nice.
7. Keith Gilliam is a hoot! (and probably thinks I'm stupid since it took me 4 times to reset my network password) 
6. Big companies have cool swag.

5. Do NOT forget your key fob!
4. Definitely do not forget your key fob AND your phone!!

3. HR paperwork gives me a headache.
2. I have so much to learn.
1. I am so excited to be starting this new adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment