Friday, March 5, 2010

My husband, the baby whisperer!

After several grueling weeks of listening to G cry while falling asleep for 90% of his bedtimes and naps, Jimbo has discovered the secret to a blissful slumber for our sweet boy. It was so simple, almost too simple, but I think it speaks volumes to the strategy that we will need to employ with him in the future. Simply put, G needed control over when he went to sleep. He didn't like it when we laid him down in the crib and tucked him in. That was us telling him to go to sleep. Based on Jimbo's advice instead of doing that I now simply sit G in the crib, give him his binky, turn on the mobile and aquarium, kiss him goodnight, turn out the light and leave. He usually lays down before I've left the room, but its on his own terms. He's making the decision that he wants to go to sleep. No fuss, no muss, happy baby. It's amazing! It might just be luck, it might be that we're getting into more of a routine each night but I really think he's stubborn and independent just like me and Jimbo and that letting him decide when he wants to lay down is making a difference. I've done this each night this week and for both naps today and its worked like a charm. I hope it keeps up because it kills me to hear him cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment